Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Waiting

Up to this point in the book publishing process, the only thing I've found that I'm not such a fan of is the waiting. Or, as my 5 year old Liam would say, "I HATE IT!!!" We have a fantastic publisher, who really, really believes in us, and a wonderful editor who really got into the book and has a lot of great suggestions, and it is great that they are taking their time with the edits but man, I just really, really, really want to get my teeth into what they have done and get to work on it. We are doing marketing right now and working on book two, but book one is really our baby and I'm SO excited that it is soon to be out there for the world to read. I feel like it is Christmas Eve right now - I'm not sure if I'm getting socks and underwear or a trip to Disneyland and the suspense is just killing me! So, I'm going to set out my cookies and milk (and don't forget the carrots for the reindeer - I almost did last year and my 4 year old twins just about killed me) and wait. I hate waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment