Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Blog!

Okay, so it takes a village to raise a child, and obviously it takes a village to publish a book! I wonder how people can self-publish, it must be like being a single parent. I can't imagine doing this on my own! So, an early shout out to some of the people who have been very important to me in working through this. First, to Karen and Elizabeth, for editing the book and taking on the project! Awesome!!! Then to Jason Jarbo, Jaeden Peterson and Lisa Petersen, for already reading an early edition and giving valuable feedback! Of course there are my cousins Austin and Aaron Nabaum who are putting together logos for us. Thanks to Clayton Chambers for a fantastic cover to the book. We have Kris Heims, helping with accounting, and Mandy Schermer for helping with legal. Holla! My aunt Anne, the fabulous librarian, and my sister Cara for marketing advice. There is Jessie Riley, Jaren's wife, who is one of the greatest photographers on the planet. My office mate at work Philm Brown who has helped with ideas and perhaps some videotaping in the future, and Jeanette Pilak for UNESCO for filming an episode with us of On the Fly for the Iowa City of Literature campaign. The wonderful people at Prairie Lights and the Haunted Bookstore for volunteering their space for us to have readings. Sweet as, folks! I feel like I'm at the academy awards and am forgetting people! I'll do another shout out again to catch everyone I missed, but my goodness, we couldn't do this without all of the help we are getting. Peace! Love ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment